Wessex water bill

We can help. 

Talk to us on freephone 0800 144 8848 (Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or 

Email us 

and find out how you can:

Below is some advice and information to get you started: 

Lower your water bill

You don’t need to be in arrears to get help from us.
If you’re struggling to pay your bills, or you don’t have enough money for things like food or heating we may be able to help you reduce your water bill or pay a lower bill than normal.
We work with companies, like Wessex Water so we can look at different tariffs and special schemes based on your ability to pay. We will need to see details of your income, household bills and any debts or savings you have.
If you are a Wessex Water customer, and fit the eligibility criteria you can also apply directly for one of their schemes, these include:
If your home is metered and you live in a low income household with unavoidably high water use, WaterSure Plus limits the amount you have to pay.
To apply for WaterSure Plus you must be in receipt of one of the means tested benefits or tax credits and either:
  • the person receiving the benefits or tax credits also receives child benefit for three or more children living at home under the age of 19


  • someone in your household has a medical condition that causes them to use significantly more water.  
Full details of the WaterSure Plus scheme can be found on Wessex Water's website.

If you're unable to afford your ongoing water bill, Wessex Water can offer you a low rate bill through their Assist tariff.

  • Get a discount if you receive pension credit

If everyone in your household who is over 18 years old receives Pension Credit or state pension is their only income, you can receive Wessex Water's Pension Credit discount. If you receive pension credit you can save around £60 off your water and/or sewerage bill.


Deal with your debts

We will work with you to work out a realistic plan to repay your debts and make sure the most serious debts are dealt with first.

We work with companies, like Wessex Water so we can look at different tariffs and special schemes based on your ability to pay. We will help you work out how much money you owe, what your priority and non-priority debts are and if you've got enough money to pay them off. We will need to see details of your income, household bills and any debts or savings you have.
If you are a Wessex Water customer, and have significant water debt that you can't repay but you can afford your ongoing water bills, Restart might help.


Manage your money

We can help you stay on top of essential bills and keep your spending on track.

We will look at your whole situation and help you work out your budget. We can help you explore ways to boost your income and find out about extra benefits, tax credits and schemes you may be eligible for.

Wessex Water funds us (Wiltshire Citizens Advice) to provide independent advice to their customers.

You do not need to be a Wessex Water customer to get free advice from us.

If you are a Wiltshire resident and struggling to pay your bills: 

Call us on freephone 0800 144 8848

(Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)


We’re here to help. Whoever you are. Whatever the problem.


First published 2018. Updated January 2020, 2021. Last updated May 2021.

Further articles, advice and information you may find useful:


Contact us
Please use this form to contact us, or to get advice by email.

We aim to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days. If you don’t get a reply in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folder.

To contact us for advice by phone, call: 0808 278 7995
(Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm. Closed on public holidays).

Or for more ways to get advice click here.

Fields marked with ( * ) are required.
1000 characters left
Your personal information

When you provide us with personal information, for example, when using this form to contact us, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.

We need to record information about you to help with your enquiry. We have a legitimate interest to do this.

We keep what you tell us safe and confidential and you always decide what you share with us. You can read more about how we handle and store your data in our privacy policy (this will open in a new window, so that any information you have already added to this form will be kept in this window)

We need your explicit consent to keep some information, including your ethnicity, religion, health conditions, sexual orientation, and trade union membership.

If you agree, we’ll use this information, which is known as ‘special category personal data’ to:
● give you advice
● help us gather data to improve our service
● support our research in a way that you can’t be identified

For example, if you need advice about claiming certain benefits, you may want to tell us about health problems you have which may be relevant to your enquiry.

By ticking the boxes below you consent to Citizens Advice recording the special category personal data you choose to provide Citizens Advice.

We’ll make sure all your information is kept safe and secure.

Yes, I consent to you holding information on my (please tick all of those you agree to):
Can we contact you for feedback?

We want to make sure our service meets your needs. To help us understand how we’re doing and to improve our service, we may want to contact you at a later date to ask for your feedback. Sometimes we need a trusted research organisation to help us do that.

We’ll decide who we contact for feedback based on the services you used and the advice area. We may also use your special category data so that we hear from different groups.

If you agree to us getting in touch for feedback please let us know how you’d prefer to be contacted by ticking the boxes below.

I agree to Citizens Advice selecting me for feedback using my information and I give permission to be contacted for feedback by (please tick all that apply):