man on phone heritageblue2

Service update notice (July 2021): Drop in closed
Our 'drop in' service and face to face appointments are suspended for the foreseeable future, due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
We are looking at how we reopen our offices and face to face services going forwards but for the time being, the main way to get advice is over the phone or by email.

By email

From this website you can contact us about your issue and we can give you advice via email.
Contact us for advice by email

Get help applying for Universal Credit

Our Help to Claim service can support you in the early stages of your Universal Credit claim, from the application, through to your first payment.

Help to Claim is a dedicated service from Citizens Advice. It’s free, independent and confidential. Our trained advisers can help with things like how to gather evidence for your application or how to prepare for your work coach appointment.

Call us for free: 0800 144 8 444
Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm

Visit us for advice in person at any of our offices throughout Wiltshire: see above for details of our opening times and where to find us. July 2021 update, please note our face to face services are closed, please contact us via phone or email for the time being. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

For online advice visit: External link

Contact us about applying for Universal Credit using British Sign Language (BSL)
You can get advice from us by using a BSL interpreter on the SignVideo website. External link
You’ll be connected to one of our advisers and a BSL interpreter - there’s no charge. Usually available Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.

By phone

Advice is available from us over the phone throughout Wiltshire as part of our national phone service, Adviceline.

Call us for free on 0800 144 8848
Lines are open:
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Closed on public holidays.

If you call from a mobile, we’ll ask you to enter an example of a local landline number. This can be any Wiltshire number - we only use it to send your call to a local adviser if one’s available.

Relay UK (if you can't hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 144 8884

Call our debt helpline
Phone: 0800 240 4420

The debt helpline is available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. It’s not available on public holidays.

Relay UK - if you can't hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say to the debt helpline: 18001 then 0800 240 4420

You can use Relay UK with an app or a textphone. There’s no extra charge to use it. Find out how to use Relay UK. External link

Call costs
Calls to our Adviceline phone service and consumer helpline are free from mobiles and landlines. These numbers begin with 0800 or 0808.

Calls to numbers that begin with 03 cost the same as calling landline numbers that, begin with 01 and 02.
For more on call costs External link

Advice on consumer issues

Citizens Advice also has a consumer helpline.

Our consumer service provides advice on issues around buying goods or services. This includes being treated unfairly by a trader, receiving a poor service or you may want to switch energy suppliers or cancel a contract.

How to contact the consumer service External link

In person

Service update: July 2021
Our 'drop in' service is temporarily suspended until further notice, due to COVID-19 (coronavirus).

For the time being we are operating a telephone and email advice service only (see left / above for details of how to contact those services).
Opening times and where to find us
3 Avon Reach, Monkton Hill
Chippenham SN15 1EE
Monday, Tuesday and Friday - 10am to 3pm
Closed on bank holidays 
As a precaution, our 'drop in' service has been temporarily suspended until further notice. For now, we are operating a telephone and email advice only service.
New Park Street, Devizes SN10 1DY
Monday and Thursday - 10am to 3pm
Closed on bank holidays 
As a precaution, our 'drop in' service has been temporarily suspended until further notice. For now, we are operating a telephone and email advice only service.
Five Rivers Health & Wellbeing Centre,
Hulse Road, Salisbury SP1 3NR 
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday - 10am to 3pm
Closed on bank holidays 
As a precaution, our 'drop in' service has been temporarily suspended until further notice. For now, we are operating a telephone and email advice only service.
We moved! Our new address from Monday 15 March 2021 is:
Trinity House
Bryer Ash Business Park
(next to the train station)
BA14 8HE
Our 'drop in' and face to face services remain temporarily suspended until further notice. For now, we are operating a telephone and email advice only service.

Pension Wise

Pension Wise, which is now part of MoneyHelper, is a free and impartial service to help you understand what your pension options are.

Pension Wise can help you if you:
• have a defined contribution pension pot
• are aged 50 or over

You can book a free appointment with a pensions guidance specialist who will talk through your pension options with you at External link

More resources

We can also point you in the right direction to further information and resources.
Get links to other useful websites and online resources

Advice column
Our advice column features questions people ask us about the problems they face; along with our advice and practical information about what you can do to resolve them.
Read our advice column
Contact us
Please use this form to contact us, or to get advice by email.

We are not able to book appointments using this form but we can give advice or direct you to other advice links. We aim to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.

To contact us for advice by phone, call: 0800 144 88 48 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Closed on public holidays).

Or for more ways to get advice click here.

Fields marked with ( * ) are required.
1000 characters left
Your personal information

When you provide us with personal information, for example, when using this form to contact us, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.

We need to record information about you to help with your enquiry. We have a legitimate interest to do this.

We keep what you tell us safe and confidential and you always decide what you share with us. You can read more about how we handle and store your data in our privacy policy (this will open in a new window, so that any information you have already added to this form will be kept in this window)

We need your explicit consent to keep some information, including your ethnicity, religion, health conditions, sexual orientation, and trade union membership.

If you agree, we’ll use this information, which is known as ‘special category personal data’ to:
● give you advice
● help us gather data to improve our service
● support our research in a way that you can’t be identified

For example, if you need advice about claiming certain benefits, you may want to tell us about health problems you have which may be relevant to your enquiry.

By ticking the boxes below you consent to Citizens Advice recording the special category personal data you choose to provide Citizens Advice.

We’ll make sure all your information is kept safe and secure.

Yes, I consent to you holding information on my (please tick all of those you agree to):

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.